An accident can lead to a life-altering injury or even death. While it’s important for plaintiffs to know their rights and responsibilities, a skilled personal injury lawyer can help them navigate Alabama’s legal system. Call today to find out how we can help you gain compensation for your accident-related medical bills, lost wages, emotional trauma, pain, and suffering. We’re proud to represent Pike Road’s victims, and we’d like to put our local experience to work for you.
Personal Injury Claim Types
Accidents and other personal injuries occur in many ways. Some of the most common causes include:
- Motor vehicle crashes such as car accidents and truck accidents. These events happen for numerous reasons, such as distracted driving, intoxication, improper road maintenance, and mechanical failure.
- Defective products like car parts and medical devices can cause injury or death if they’re not made properly. Children are typically the most vulnerable to these risks.
- Unsafe environments are another cause of injury. When a property manager or owner fails to keep an environment safe for tenants, guests, or visitors, slip and fall accident-related injuries may occur.
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, a motorcycle accident, or for another reason, it’s important to have adequate legal representation. Call us to learn why we’re one of Pike Road’s most well-known personal injury law firms.
Personal Injury Damages
Most personal injury cases cover the following types of damages.
- Economic damages are the quantifiable costs incurred after an event such as a distracted driving accident. Hospital bills, medical costs, property damage, and future rehabilitation are all in this category. Lost income, or, in the event of a wrongful death, loss of earnings capacity for survivors are also classified as economic damages.
- Non-economic or soft damages are harder to define. They may include pain, suffering, loss of quality of life, loss of consortium and companionship, and emotional trauma. In most instances, the more severe the negligence involved in a mass transit accident or bicycle accident is, the more substantial the award may be.
An auto accident can have lifelong consequences for a victim, but you don’t have to deal with them alone. With help from a motor accident lawyer from The Vance Law Firm, you’ll be more likely to get the compensation you deserve.
Accident Liability in Alabama
While liability is clear in some injury cases, there are instances where the doctrine of contributory negligence may apply. Here, a plaintiff bears part of the responsibility for their injuries. In Alabama, the rules stipulate that a client’s recovery will be reduced according to his or her share of fault for an accident. It’s crucial to work with your attorney to determine an accident’s cause and to prove that you weren’t at fault, as this may reduce or eliminate the ability to gain compensation.
Limits on Alabama Personal Injury Damages
The state doesn’t impose limits on compensation awarded in cases against individuals, except those involving punitive damages. These damages are hard to quantify, as they’re based on subjective conduct such as bad faith, malice, and fraud. If you’re suing someone for emotional distress or you’re seeking punitive damages, recovery is capped at $1.5 million or three times the court-ordered compensation, whichever is greater. Other limits apply to municipal liability, with recovery in these situations limited to $100,000. Alabama has a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims, so it’s important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible after a drunk driving accident or an Uber accident. Contact us today to request a no-obligation consultation.
Helping Clients With Workplace Injuries
A work injury will turn an employee’s life upside down. If you are hurt on the job, get help from one of our workplace injury attorneys. We understand Alabama’s worker’s compensation system, and we’ll work to get your claim accepted so you can collect wage replacement benefits right away. And, if your initial claim is not accepted, we will advocate for you during the appeals process.
Providing Assistance to Spinal Cord Injury Victims
When there’s a problem with the nerves making up the spinal cord, a person cannot live a normal life. If you’ve suffered a back and spine injury because of someone else’s negligent behavior, an attorney from The Vance Law Firm will help you get the right amount of compensation for your pain, suffering, and injuries.
Auto Insurance Litigation
It can be quite challenging to deal with an insurer after a serious injury. Even if you’re covered, it’s hard to understand all the rules you have to follow. To work with the insurer and get the appropriate amount of compensation, it’s crucial to have a Pike Road auto insurance lawyer in your corner. Our attorneys know that auto and boat accident claims are often low-balled or denied, but we’ll help you understand your coverage and dispute the insurer’s actions. With our legal help, you’re more likely to gain the compensation to which you are legally entitled.
Affording Legal Representation: Is it Possible?
It’s easier than you think to afford a Pike Road personal injury attorney. Our team works on a contingency fee basis, which means we only get paid if we win your case. If the case is accepted, we’ll pay the upfront costs associated with the claim. Once the case is won, the award goes into a trust fund, and any medical bills are paid before we deduct our fee and send you a check. Injury awards are tax-free, which means you get the entire settlement amount.
We Provide Experienced Representation for Personal Injury Victims in Pike Road, Alabama
With our years of local legal experience, The Vance Law Firm has earned a reputation for client care and the aggressive pursuit of justice. Whether you’ve been hurt in a car accident, on the job, or for another reason, our Pike Road attorneys are here for you. To schedule a no-obligation consultation with an injury attorney, simply call us or fill out our online contact form.